Tips To Beat The Heat This Summer
As the temperatures warm up, we know it can be hard to find ways to beat the heat around Arizona! The Absolute HCBS team may be experts in habilitation, respite, and attendant care, but we are also experts in having fun… even during the summer!
- Get started early! We know that morning aren’t always everyone’s favorite time of day, but getting an early start is a great way to beat the heat. If you get started early enough, a morning might be a great time to plan a short hike, take a trip to the park, or just spend some time in the backyard. A breakfast picnic outside? Why not!
- Purchase a Pogo Pass. A Pogo Pass, or something similar, is a great way to get access to a lot of different indoor activities at a discounted rate. Available for both Phoenix and Tucson attractions, the Pogo Pass offers access to places like Uptown Jungle, KTR, Ice Den, and Skateland. Learn more on their website here.
- Catch A Movie. There are always great deals on movies during the summer! Harkins Theatres offers Summer Movie Fun which allows kids to enjoy a movie a week for less than $1 per film. Don’t forget that Harkins Theatres and AMC Theatres both offer sensory-friendly showings as well.
- Plan ahead! If you do have to do something outside, or even if you are just running errands where you’ll be in and out of a hot car be sure to plan ahead! Bring an insulated water bottle with you that will keep your water cool and an umbrella or hats for shade.
- Protect your car. Using a sunshade in the windshield of your car can make a huge difference in the interior temperature of your car. If you have children in a car seat or booster seat, bring a white towel with you that you can toss over their seat to keep the sun off it, and to prevent the metal clips from getting too