Starting Services for Eligible Members
Individuals with developmental disabilities who are already members of the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) and covered by Arizona Long Term Care Services ALTCS) can utilize our agency for their authorized home and community-based services.
There’s 3 easy steps to getting started!
Once these three steps are completed, your Area Manager can help you get started with a provider.
If you would like to receive your habilitation, respite or attendant care services at Absolute HCBS, start by reaching out to an Area Manager in your area. If you do not see your area listed, please reach out directly to our Director of Area Management.
There are three ways to get connected to a provider.
- Your Area Manager can facilitate a match between your member and an existing Absolute provider; based on your member’s preferences and service plan.
- You can “bring your own provider” to the agency. If you already work with a provider, we are happy to offer them competitive employment. Our providers can be hired specifically for certain members – many families have a friend, adult family member, teacher, aide, neighbor etc. who is already supporting the member. We can hire eligible referrals to fulfill the member’s services.
- Per DDD/AHCCCS guidelines and programs, we can hire parent providers to fulfill their children’s habilitation and attendant care services. Parent providers may be subject to guidelines and restrictions.
Your DDD support coordinator needs to send your member’s authorizations (auths) to Absolute HCBS in order for us begin and continue services.
If you do not have an agency, you can tell your support coordinator that you would like to fulfill your respite, habilitation and attendant care services (if applicable) at Absolute HCBS. Please allow 1-5 business days for the support coordinator to process the request, send the auths, and for Absolute to accept the auths.
If you are already with an HCBS agency and would like to have your services also fulfilled by Absolute HCBS; request the number and type of hours you would like your support coordinator to authorize. Please allow 1-5 business days for the support coordinator to process the request, send the auths, and for Absolute to accept the auths.
Members have the option of having their services fulfilled by multiple agencies, in entirety or split. Just be explicit when making your request to your support coordinator; ex. “I would like X number of HAH hours at agency 1 and X number of HAH hours at agency 2” or “I would like HAH hours at agency 1 and RSP hours at agency 2.”
If you would like to switch HCBS agencies from an existing agency over to Absolute HCBS, please tell your support coordinator to move the existing auths over to Absolute HCBS. You may also want to notify your current agency that you would like to terminate your services, and request for them to release the auths back to your support coordinator. Please allow 1-5 business days for the agency to release the auths, the support coordinator to process the request, send the auths, and for Absolute to accept the auths.
Our Area Managers are happy to assist you with requesting your service auths.
Once Absolute HCBS has received and accepted your member’s auths; you will be prompted to complete in-take paperwork. This includes but is not limited to:
- Review of the Person-Centered Service Plan (PCSP)
- Completion of the Pre-service Provider Orientation (PSPO)
- Review of behavior plan (if applicable)
- EVV Guardian/designee account set up
- Member back up plan
Find your area manager
New to Arizona and disability services?
Apply for the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD)
The Division of Developmental Disabilities empowers individuals with developmental disabilities to lead self-directed, healthy and meaningful lives. DDD provides supports and services for eligible Arizonans. DDD provides supports and services to individuals diagnosed with one of the following developmental disabilities:
- Cerebral palsy;
- Cognitive / Intellectual Disability;
- Down Syndrome; or
- Are under the age of six and at risk of having a Developmental Disability
DDD serves more than 50,000 people with developmental disabilities and their families throughout Arizona each year.
Apply for Arizona Long Term Care Services (ALTCS)
ALTCS is Arizona’s Medicaid program that provides long-term care services, at little or no cost, to financially and medically eligible Arizona residents who are aged, blind, disabled or have a developmental disability. This program is intended for individuals of any age who are determined to need ongoing services at an institutional level; members who qualify do not have to reside in an institutional care facility, most members live in their own homes or other community settings and receive their ongoing services there.