Mother’s Day is May 13th and will be here before we know it! We know that Mom can be a really special person in your life, and here are some fun ideas to celebrate Mom this year.
- Make a Picnic – Treat your Mom to a special brunch or dinner by gathering some of her favorite foods (and treats!) and having a picnic. A picnic in the park can be great, but even backyard picnics are a great way to slow down and let Mom know how much you care.
- Create some art – Are you a great painter? Do you love sculpting or writing poems? There are very few things that warm a Mother’s heart more than artwork from her children. Think about her favorite colors, favorite animals, or favorite activities and combine them into a special art project.
- Plan her favorite activity – Does your Mom love going for family walks or catching a movie at the theatre? Think about what some of your Mom’s favorite activities are and plan it! See if you can get your family and siblings to join in on the fun to make it even more special for Mom.
- Pick up some extra chores – Moms do a lot of work around the house! Take some time this Mother’s Day to pick up a few extra tasks around home, which will allow Mom to relax a bit more. Can you unload the dishwasher for her? Pull some weeds from the backyard?
- Bake A Sweet Treat – Did your Mom teach you how to bake? Show her how much you listened and work together with a family member to prepare some cookies, cake, or another sweet treat to spoil Mom!
- Write Down Some Memories – Mom will love a trip down memory lane! Write down a bunch of your favorite memories as a family and share them with Mom.
- Have a Game Night – Special time with her family will make Mom happy! Plan some special time for your family to focus on playing some games together (without any distractions!).
- Let Mom Sleep In – Is your Mom always running around? She might really enjoy a morning to just sleep in and catch up on some much needed Zs!
- Send Her A Card – If you’re not able to see your Mom on Mother’s Day, be sure to send her a card in the mail! Snail mail can mean so much in a world of technology, so let her know that you are thinking of her.
- Say Thank You – Let your Mom know how much you appreciate her and don’t forget to say ‘Thank You’ this Mother’s Day!
What are you doing to celebrate Mom this year? We’d love to know in the comments! Thanks for reading our blog, and to all the Moms out there – HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!