The temperatures are officially in the triple digits throughout Arizona, and so many of us are heading indoors to beat the heat. The team at Absolute HCBS has put together five ideas of ways to beat the heat and stay cool this summer in the valley.
- Splash Pads & Swimming Pools – Throughout the Phoenix metro area, there are many public pools and splash pads. Early in the morning, or later in the afternoon when the sun isn’t so direct, is a great time to visit these water destinations, splash around, and enjoy some fresh air without getting too hot. Not sure where to start? Here’s a list of 45 splash pads around Phoenix. (Just remember Absolute HCBS requires an active Lifeguard on duty if you’re a provider swimming with your client).
- Butterfly Wonderland – The Butterfly Wonderland is a favorite in Scottsdale, and it’s no wonder Enter a room that is almost magical, as butterflies fly around you to explore flowers. A butterfly might even stop by on your shoulder or hand to say hi!
- Go See A Movie – Finding a movie at a local theater is a fun way to enjoy some air conditioning and see something new! Invite your family, friends, or even your provider along to experience the movie too. Some movie theaters or organizations offer Sensory Friendly Films where the lights and turned slightly up, and the sound is turned slightly down. Many theaters, such as Harkins, offer summer movie passes allowing you to see many favorite films at a fraction of the cost.
- Learn Something New at The Library – Across Arizona, the public libraries offer reading times, Lego Building Camps, activity hours and so much more. These events are often free or have a minimal fee to participate in. Libraries have event information on their website, so find a local library today!
- Indoor Picnic At Home – Don’t let the warm weather keep you from enjoying a picnic when it can always be picnic weather inside your home! Make some yummy sandwiches, lay down a blanket, and prepare some fruit. This is a fun way to change the usual lunch routine and enjoy some delicious food.
The days are hot, but Fall will be here again before we know it! While it’s summer here in Arizona, take some time to find new indoor activities and events.
Leave a comment to share with us some of your favorite activities for summer time in Arizona!